NHL 24 HUT Sweep Check Guide
Sweep Check is a defensive move executed by moving the right stick as you hold the RB or R1 in NHL 24. Hold the X or square to hip check.
Checking in Ice hockey is used to either steal the puck or knock it off from their control to prevent the opponent from scoring or completing their pass.
It is a type of checking that involves using the stick in a sweeping motion to disrupt the opponent. It is equally important to defend your lead as it is to create it which means learning to do defensive moves like checks along with offensive moves like dekes.
Diving and then letting the opponent skate into your stick can also be a useful strategy to perform sweep checks in NHL 24 HUT.
Here are the controls for diving and other defensive moves in NHL 24:
- Dive / Block: Press LB + Press RB (Xbox) | Press L1 + Press R1 (PlayStation)
- Push Check: Move the Right Stick Up (both Controllers)
- Shoulder Check: Move the Right Stick Down and then Move the Right Stick Up (both Controllers)
- Board Pin: Hold Y (Xbox) | Hold Triangle (PlayStation)
- Hip Check: Hold X (Xbox) | Hold Square (PlayStation)
- Poke Check: Press RB (Xbox) | Press R1 (PlayStation)
- Sweep Stick: Hold RB then Move Right Stick (Xbox) | Hold R1 then Move Right Stick (PlayStation)
- Chop Puck: Press Right Stick then Move Right Stick (Xbox) | Press R3 then Move Right Stick (PlayStation)
- Desperation Clear: Double Tap Right Stick Up (both Controllers)
- Pass Block + Sweep Stick:
- Press LB then Move the Right Stick Left or Move the Right Stick Right (Xbox)
- Press L1 then Move Right Stick Left or Move Right Stick Right (PlayStation)
- Stick Lift: Press A (Xbox) | Press X (PlayStation)
- Tie Up Stick: Hold A (Xbox) | Hold X (PlayStation)
- Block Pass: Press LB (Xbox) | Press L1 (PlayStation)