Skip - Brad Gushue
Brad Gushue is a Canadian Curler and the Skip for Team Gushue out of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. He won the gold for Canada in 2006.
The 2017 World Champion began curling in 1994/95. He stayed with the team for a season before skipping his team in 1995/96 and won the provincial Junior Curling Championships six times before moving on to the seniors.
His success in the Juniors is not limited to the provincial championships but two gold won at the World Junior championships in 1998 and 2001. After a fantastic junior career, Gushue went on to enjoy massive success in his Senior career as well.
The first Newfoundlander ever to win gold at the Olympics did so at the 2006 Olympics held in Turin, Italy. He was teamed up with Russ Howard, Mark Nichols, Jamie Korab, and Mike Adam to represent Canada.
Gushue won his second Olympic medal at the 2022 Beijing Olympics when he won the bronze representing team Canada. His team finished with a bronze at the 2013 and the 2017 Canadian Olympic Trials.
The 5-time Brier Champion (2017, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023) won all of them with Nichols and Walker in his team. Brett Gallant was with the team for all of team Brier Championships except for the 2023 one when he was replaced with E.J. Harnden.
Awards and Achievements
Gushue has made 20 Briers and 4 world championships in his Curling Career which includes 14 Grand Slam of Curling titles to his name.
Here are the awards and accolades he has received some of which are given below:
- GSOC victories:
- The National (2010, 2015, 2021, 2022)
- Masters (2014, 2017)
- Canadian Open (2014, 2017)
- Elite 10 (2016, Sept. 2018)
- Players' (2016), Tour Challenge (2017)
- Champions Cup (2018, 2022)
- Representing Canada
- Gold at the 2006 Turin Olympics and Bronze at the 2022 Beijing Olympics
- 2017 World Champion and silver medalist at the 2018, 2022, and 2023 World Championships
- 2-time gold medalist at the World Junior Championships in 1998 & 2001
- The 2022 Pan Continental Championships gold medal winner
- Representing Newfound land
- Gold at the 2005 & 2021 Canadian Olympics Trials and bronze in 2013 and 2017
- Three gold(2017,2020, 2022), two silver(2007,2016) and one bronze(2011) at the Tim Horton's Brier
- 2021 Canadian Mixed Doubles Champions paired with Kerri Einarson
- Selected as the All-Star Skip in 2017 and 2023 at the Worl Men's Curling Championship